Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Here Comes the Culture Shock

Family wedding time!! Fab fiance and I have covered half the continental US in our trusty Honda since he picked me up on Monday morning from JFK. We're tucked in at the comfy Red Roof Inn in beautiful (and very nice smelling- who knew?) Minnesota, ready to celebrate fab fiance's brother's wedding.

My brain is spinning with culture shock and jet lag, compounded with 18 hours of road trip. Sitting at a bar across from my lovely soon-to-be-sister-in-law my mind was reeling. 3 days ago I was zooming through remote Bali talking to women about lack of access to clean drinking water, and 30 minutes ago my primary concern turned to whether to do acrylics on my nails for this weekend's nuptial celebrations. The stark contrast has me spinning.

2 comments: