Sunday, January 9, 2011

Um, yeah…about that.





So it’s been a mere seven months since I last (um, and first) posted. And here we are, time having flown by, and rather than trying to make a profound anaylsis about lessons learned from the past four months, I’ll give you a quick update and move on to more exciting things, like what I’m doing right now…
August: started grad school full time. Met the most amazing group of friends that have embraced me in the full woowooness of cackling radical sisterhood. The whole time I have been into meditation, Law of Attraction, et al I have been calling it ‘juju’. As good juju would have it, I feel in with a pack of women that subscribe to the same awesomeness of being in the flow that I do. They happen to term it woowoo instead of juju, which is fun since in rhymes. So woowoojuju goodness abounds.

September: my birthday I threw myself an awesome (if I may say so myself, which I may, since this is my blog…oh, the wonders of self publishing!) birthday party at a farm in No. VA. Most everyone I hang with drinks and birthday parties generally take us to locales of various bar types. As I am not a drinker and also no takey of the birthday cake type food, I went full out nerd and coerced my friends into visiting a pumpkin patch hopped up on steroids for my birthday. Hayrides, haunted hayfields, and GOAT VILLAGE- Best. Thing. Ever. All amazing. Why? Cause I’m a big nerd, and I super like that sort of stuff.
Also, I received the Edith Clark Nalls scholarship from the Zonta Club of Fairfax to conduct research on sex trafficking in persons, which enabled me to come to Cambodia- where I am writing at this very moment under a mosquito net- to gain greater understanding about gender perceptions and constructions of legal policy makers. More on that soon in other blogs… for now: THANK YOU ZONTA!!!!!!!!!

October: My sister’s baby shower!!! So much fun. The only thing better than having my squishybutt niece Piper Claire around (finally!) was the fun we had anticipating her arrival. Loved it.
November: Turkey day was fun, as I got to be reunited (and it feels so good!) with my bugaloo Will. Post Turkey-day was decidedly NOT fun however, as my lovely partner and I spent the rest of our holiday break locked in law school jail- holed up in Will’s dad’s office studying for finals. There is only so long you can write about rape for a sustained number of consecutive hours before you want to throw yourself and others out a window, and I think I can safely say that I have conclusively determined that that number is 14 hours.
December: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will and my forced time living apart comes to an end. It’s been a LONG nine months (no babies) of time with him in Miami, me in DC, but thank you Santa that time is done. We spent some time celebrating a very merry codependent Christmas with my fam, and then decided to head for the hills and seek refuge with Will’s family in beautiful D-town Ohio.
Other highlight of December- really the highlight of 2010 overall- was the birth of my amazingperfectdeliciouswonderfulbeautifulfantastic neice Piper Claire, born Dec 7 (after a measly 27 hours of labor) at 7 lbs, 11 ounces, 19 inches long. Best Christmas present ever. Thanks MC and B!!!
Whew- now that you (HA! Like anyone is actually reading this!!!) are caught up with the high points, I’m moving on to more present day fun soon. Night night DC people!

No comments:

Post a Comment