Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And then there's the food.




I just need to put in a plug for food in the 'developing' world real quick. I know that we have better sanitation, etc, but really, the way that Khmer people eat just makes soooo much more sense. Clean, whole foods, prepped quick, and lots of fresh veggies. If you subscribe to the no sugar no flour path that I am trodding, let me assure you that there is a great big world full of peeps that eat very much like we do. Yummy stuff.





My experiences here just confirm for me that the geopolitical crap that goes into our food production- especially the subsidizing of corn- could be rejiggered to subsidize small, organic farmers as a means of creating a more healthy America as well as supporting small business owners (yes, Sarah Palin, we are the backbone of America, thank you very much) in the process. Just food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment